The next section will help you define what will happen during the training session:
1. The handler will prompt the horse for the desired action by….(e.g. cue, do, say) Handler will face horse, put pressure on the halter noseband using lead rope, step toward the horses shoulder while saying ‘Back’.
2. The horse will respond to the prompt by…(what do you want the horse to do).
3. The handler will reward the horse when it…(e.g. attempts, approximates, succeeds)
4. The reward for a successful response is…(e.g. release pressure, pet neck, give treat)
5. The response for an unsuccessful response is (e.g. repeat cue, apply pressure, stop)
6. The training trial is over when (e.g. certain amount has time elapsed, successful response is achieved, number of trials have been attempted).
7. The results / outcome of the trail will be documented by (handler or assistant).