Most Covenants require approval for any change to a property including:
Exterior CHANGES to a lot or house must receive approval prior to any changes or construction begins. Approval and Denials Response time varies by community
Some Covenants prohibit items all together or make the committee make the final decision. Receiving approval protects all the property owners against home ownersconstructing something that is not attractive or consistent with the rest of the community.
Every community has different type of guidelines for improvements.
Things to know about the approvals
An approval on one lot does not guarantee approval on other lots.
Each request is considered on an individual basis, qualities of Lot, and the impact on adjoining Lots.
The Property-owner is responsible for acquiring the necessary permits and following governmental building codes and regulations.
ALL APPROVALS ARE SUBJECT TO CITY AND STATE REGULATIONS.
You must wait for approval before any construction can begin.
The approval process
You can use this
Download a form and Send your plans via email, fax, mail or drop it off at the office
The plan must include the location of the improvement on the property, color, size and shape of the improvement.
The more information about the improvement the better.
We will forward your request to the correct committee.
Once a decision is made you will receive a letter in writing.
This process will take from 1 week to 45 days depending on the community
1. A copy of the official plat plan (a map, drawn to scale, showing the divisions of a piece of land) of the property which may be obtained from the county or some docuements are in the HOA Butler account. and must be submitted with the request for any architectural changes.
2. FENCE – the following must be included:a. A copy of the platb. Location of where the fence will be placed, exact measurements of all fence sidesc. Illustration of starting point on home for fence lined. Materials- example: wood, vinyl, irone. Fence style name: scallop, dog ear, etc. and photo of fence stylef. Specific color: stain sample, color sample
3. POOLS AND SPASa. Include a plat plan, location & drawing of new constructionwith dimensions, along with vendor drawing.
4. EXTERIOR/ STAIN REPAINTINGa. For approval, the following must be included and mailed to Sentry Mgmt.:b. Submit a sample of the original color – photo of home to be includedc. Submit a sample of the intended color
5. LANDSCAPING CHANGESa. specify description plant sizes & location.b. Landscape Drawing or plan
6. RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENTa. type and location such as swing sets, trampolines, basketball goals, etc.
7. TREE REMOVALa. Photo of location of tree, trees must be marked and plans for area after tree removal.
8. STRUCTURE MODIFICATIONSa. Deck, Sunroom, Porch, Other, Include a photo of location, illustration or photo Example of change materials to be used.
9. OTHER Roof, gutters, exterior material change (photo, color sample)
10. SHEDS AND OUTBUILDINGS
a. Not allowed in all neighborhoods. need photo, dimensions,materials, Specific placement to be illustrated in plans.
11. HOME BUSINESS Business name, website address, changes in home for business