Green Fund Allocations Board Individual Positions
Each member of the committee will be assigned an individual position during the application process. Below are the names and responsibilities of each position:
1. Provide a regular update of all expenses of the GFAB to the Board at each meeting.
2. Be present at the public meetings of Student Government Board to provide updates on the funding actions of GFAB.
3. Maintain accurate reports of all account balances in an ongoing log that documents all GFAB transactions.
4. Act as sitting Director if the GFAB Director is absent.
5. Be accountable for the financial actions of all project leaders.
6. Maintain communication and meet regularly with the PittServes Sustainability Coordinator.
7. Facilitate discussion and maintain relationships with university departments and offices that are potential funding sources for projects.
8. Seek and apply for funding from external sources if deemed necessary or possible.
1. Promote the GFAB in any way necessary to maintain its transparency as well as student interest.
2. Ensure that minority-led student groups are made aware of the funding opportunities of the GFAB.
3. Maintain a transparent and positive relationship between the GFAB and the student body by working with Student Life, Residence Life, and student organizations. This includes outreach for project proposals and project support, such as tabling at events.
4. Maintain communication with any and all pertinent administrators, Student Government Board officials, and other student organizations as necessary.
1. Promote the GFAB in any way necessary to maintain this transparency as well as student interest.
2. Sustain the attention of administrators, faculty, and students by regularly communicating project progress and successes through the GFAB website and social media accounts.
3. Update and correct information on the GFAB website and all social media accounts.
4. Share details of funded projects with the Pitt News for publication.
5. Make publicly available in a timely manner the meeting minutes which shall include the names, decisions, reasoning, and grant amounts of all projects.
1. Keep record of all official business, decisions, project progress, and proceedings of the GFAB. Meeting notes should, at minimum, record the names of present GFAB members, the agenda, project and funding updates, delegated tasks, and the date of the next meeting.
2. Draft emails explaining project decisions to applicants.
3. Assist the GFAB Director with clerical tasks as necessary.
Project Liaisons (2)
1. Communicate regularly with the project applicants to review their progress and needs
2. Oversee final allocations to their project applicants and be cognizant of opportunities to reduce cost.
3. Help the project applicants seek alternative funding should it become necessary (e.g. – other grants).
4. Connect their project applicants with relevant university administrators, faculty, and student organizations.
5. Provide a progress update to the GFAB at regular meetings.
6. Ensure that the funding stipulations of projects are carried out and documented.
Please indicate which of the positions you have an interest in (will be further discussed during your interview).