* All applications must be entered no later than Friday, December 20th 2019.
* No application fee is required for entry.
* The Applicant must be considered an independent developer at the time of entry.
* If an individual, the Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
* To be considered an "independent developer", the Applicant must have minimal resources to complete the game. Examples of this are small teams, minimal funding, etc.
* Applicants must be prepared to present and display their game for the 3 days of the show.
* Entered games may run on any platform, but the Applicant must communicate platform needs and provide a playable version to DreamHack for judging purposes.
* Your launch date must be in 2019 or later. A playable version must exist that expertly represents the title's direction.
* The game entered by Applicant must be Applicant's original work and/or Applicant must have all necessary rights and permissions to enter and publish the game.
* If the Applicant enters a game that uses third-party engines, middleware, or other software, then Applicant must have all necessary rights to commercially publish the game.
* If a developer, you may enter more than one title, but only one entry may be selected. If a publisher, multiple titles may be entered and selected.
* If you are a developer or publisher selected for the DreamHack Indie Playground previously at another show, you may enter a new game or re-enter your previously selected game(s).
* If submitting art, please see this form for eligibility details: Art Gallery Entry Form
DreamHack staff will review all of the games entered and will consider the criteria such as the following: Gameplay, Quality, Fun Factor, Technique, Design, etc. Upon being selected, which will happen soon after the above deadline, the titles will be invited to be part of the Indie Playground in their chosen genre. There are no winners or awards, but all the selections are considered to be the best of their genre out of everyone who applied. Essentially, everyone who is selected is a winner, it's like you tie for first. We believe this is integral to our fun and open-minded atmosphere that allows indies to network and market their games without added pressure.
* Each game selection will receive a FREE 10'x10' space within the Indie Playground in the Expo which will include one (1) table, two (2) folding chairs to show their game, and a basic electricity drop (15 amp).
* Promotion on DreamHack's dedicated Indie Playground page.
* Promotion through DreamHack's social channels.
* Each team representing the game will receive two (2) complimentary DreamHack 3 Day exhibitor passes to the event.
* Addition to DreamHack's traveling Freeplay game library that is setup at other DreamHack events.
* All selections will have a slot in our Indie Show & Tell area to show their games in the form of a demo, powerpoint presentation, etc. All presentations will be streamed on DreamHack's offical streaming channel.
* Title of Indie Playground Selection in the respective genre. Note, there is no one single winner of a genre. Every game selected for the show is a Selection in their respective genre.
* You will receive a digital laurel for your genre category.
* If you are not selected, just for entering your game and showing support, you are eligible for a deeply discounted booth space on the floor.
* If submitting art, please see this form for perk details: Art Gallery Entry Form
Each Applicant represents and warrants that:
Applicant has the authority to apply and the person entering the application on Applicant's behalf is authorized to do so.
Applicant's application will not violate any agreement or understanding by which Applicant is bound, including any confidentiality, employment, consulting, intellectual property assignment, or license agreement.
Entry and publication of Applicant's game will not infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
By applying, each Applicant assumes responsibility for and will indemnify, release, and hold harmless DreamHack, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all responsibility or liability arising out of or in connection with: Any breach of Applicant's representations or warranties contained herein; and Applicant's violation of the Rules and any guidelines, policies and terms prescribed by DreamHack.
Except where prohibited, Applicant consents to DreamHack’s use of Applicant's name, likeness, and similar characteristics for the purpose of streaming, advertising, selling, or otherwise promoting the Showcase, the Expo, and the Event. Applicant agrees that there will be no financial or other monetary compensation for such use.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
not responsible for: Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Applicant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated; Technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; Unauthorized human intervention in any part of the application process or the Showcase; Technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Showcase or the processing of applications; or any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Applicant's participation in the Showcase. If for any reason an Applicant's application is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Applicant's sole remedy is another application in the Showcase.
All preliminary application information and game data that is entered is confidential and will be only viewed by DreamHack. During the Expo, selected teams will display their games.
No game will be stored once entries have been reviewed.
reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Showcase for any causes beyond the control of DreamHack that affect the effective administration, proper conduct, or integrity of the Showcase. If this event should occur, DreamHack will post notice on the Indie Playground page.