Bodies, Sexualities, Masculinities
While we welcome papers on various aspects of masculinities, bodies, and sexualities, we are especially interested in papers that address the following themes:
· Queering masculinities, sexualities, bodies
· Transgender studies and men’s studies
· Men and/or masculinities in BDSM and leather cultures
· Masculinities and sexualities (i.e. heterosexual, gay, bisexual, asexual, pansexual, etc.)
· Effeminophobia in/and theories of masculinity
· Fantasies and desires in/through bodies and masculinities
· The material, phenomenological, and real body
· Pharmaceutical and medical interventions on the body
· Masculinities without men, men without masculinities
· Men, bodies, and digital technologies
· Aging, youth, and sexualities across the life-span
While we strongly encourage submissions on the theme of the conference, there will also be sessions dedicated to broader topics related to the critical study of men and masculinities. Please feel free to submit abstracts that fit the broader remit of AMSA. We welcome contributions from all disciplines and traditions across the globe.
Paper proposals will need to include a 250 word abstract of the paper and 4-6 keywords. Abstracts must be submitted by October 15 2017.