Bodies, Sexualities, Masculinities
PRE-CONFERENCE AND CONFERENCE APPLIED WORKSHOPS
As in previous years, we welcome productive and engaging workshops that complement this year’s theme or the broader themes of AMSA. In particular, we are looking to include workshops that center on professionalization that will assist students and scholars with their future careers in and outside of Academia. Those proposing workshops can either apply for three-hour pre-conference workshops or one and half hour conference workshops.
Workshops might include:
· Publishing in Academia
· Writing in Academia and for other audiences
· Interdisciplinary writing and research
· Academic career development
· Alternative Academic Careers (Alt-Ac)
· Teaching and postgraduate supervision
· Grant writing and project development
· Working with communities, and community and industry partners
· Networking and collaboration
· Working with the media
Workshop abstract summaries will need to be 500 words, with an additional breakdown that outlines what the workshop will cover, and three bullet points that illustrate what participants will learn and takeaway from attending this workshop.
Additionally, we welcome workshops that deal with the themes listed in the call for papers, panels, and posters. We ask that workshops be developed to keep in mind the interdisciplinary audience of the field of men and masculinities studies. Workshop abstract summaries and outlines must be submitted by October 15th 2017.
Those who submit workshop proposals will be notified of the status of their submission by November 15th 2017.