Fundraising Approval Procedures
Purpose: The Cardinal Stritch Catholic High School & Academy Fundraiser Request Form is meant to assure School Administration that legitimate, school-approved fundraising is taking place within the school at appropriate times and for the appropriate reasons.
Definition: Fundraising, as defined by the school, is an appeal or a request for donations, either for the sale of merchandise or in exchange for goods and services, by any group representing Cardinal Stritch for the purposes of raising funds.
Examples of fundraising events may include but are not limited to:
• Meals and entertainment (spaghetti dinners, raffles, dances, etc.)
• Sales drives or product sales (product sales, restaurant cards, etc.)
• Membership campaigns (Booster Club, etc.)
• Competitive Sporting Events (Golf Outings, Alumni Games, etc.)
• Auctions (Reverse Raffles, Silent Auctions, etc.)
• Other (Concessions, 50/50, Program Sales, etc.)
Approval Process: All Cardinal Stritch Catholic High School & Academy fundraisers must be submitted annually to the Advancement Office by March 31st or 60 days prior to the proposed fundraiser (under special circumstances). Campaign materials or contracts pertaining to the fundraising request must accompany the Fundraiser Request Form. After review, the proposed fundraiser will either be approved or denied by Administration.
Approval will be granted on the following criteria:
• Could the fundraiser be funded in any other way?
• Are the proceeds designated for a specific purpose? Please identify.
• Does the timing of the fundraiser request coincide with other events?
• Does the amount of work and effort support the estimated profits?
• Have the required financial procedures been met?
Financial Obligations: All persons handling cash on behalf of the school, including fundraisers that take place off campus, must sign the cash handling policy form through the Cardinal Stritch Catholic High School & Academy Department of Finance. In addition, all financial records must be submitted to the Advancement Office. All funds will be deposited through the Department of Finance.