Students must live in the Oakdale School District, have legal documentation concerning guardianship, or have obtained a legal transfer of which has been approved by the Oakdale Board of Education. All residences are subject to verification by the Superintendent, the Principal or his/her designee.
RESIDENCY: Two of the following documents must be used for proof of residence:
• Proof of payment of ad valorem taxes at an address located within the school district.
• Title to residential property in the district, or a valid unimpaired lease agreement, or receipts for payment of rent on a district resident in which the applicant for enrollment actually resides.
• A utility bill at an address located within the school district in which the applicant actually resides. The bill must show a physical address that is located within the school district; no post office boxes will be accepted as proof of residence.
• If a family is living with a host family in the Oakdale School District, the host family must provide a signed a notarized statement verifying this family’s residence at the beginning of each semester.
• If a family is living in a hotel/motel, they must provide a receipt payment from the current or previous month. In addition, they must bring a signed letter from the hotel/motel manager confirming the family’s stay.
• The OSSAA has a system to establish residency for the purposes of athletics. It is the district’s intent to comply with those guidelines for the purpose of residency.