1. CONTEST. The sponsors of Brazosport College Strive 2 Drive Car Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) will give away 1) one new Honda Civic. The Contest will begin in April 2017, with activities leading to Fall registration and will end March 31, 2018. Drawings will be held April 19, 2018.
2. SPONSORS. This Contest is made possible by sponsors external to Brazosport College.
3. ELIGIBILITY. As set forth below, to be eligible to win, students must be enrolled at Brazosport College for a minimum of 6 semester credit hours for both the fall and spring terms, maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA, remain in disciplinary good standing at the college, pay all outstanding debts to Brazosport College, and upon receipt of the vehicle show a valid, Texas driver’s license or permit. Persons under the age of 18 may participate only with a valid parental signature proving legal parental or guardian consent if determined as a finalist or prize winner. Winner must have a valid Texas driver's license or permit and any winner 17 or under must title the vehicle with their parent or guardian. Each Brazosport College student will earn entries into the drawings by completing actions and participating in college activities according to the point scale available at www.brazosport.edu. Each point represents a separate entry into the drawing. To earn points students must remain at an event for its duration. Late arrivals and early departures void that event from counting toward this contest. Disputes will be resolved by a panel of 3 students and 3 employees of the college appointed by the College President. Full-time Brazosport College employees and immediate family members are ineligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Each individual that participates in the Contest agrees to be subject to and abide by these rules. Any deviation from these rules on the part of any contestant will render that contestant ineligible. All decisions of Brazosport College are final.
4. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
5. HOW TO ENTER. Only eligible students who qualify for a chance to win will have a chance to participate in the drawing. To qualify an eligible student must: enroll in a minimum of 6 semester credit hours for both the fall and spring terms at Brazosport College, remain in good standing at the College, complete the online registration form or personally deliver a completed registration form to the Brazosport College Office of Student Life located at 500 College Drive, Lake Jackson, Texas 77566. Finalists will be chosen at random from all eligible entries earned by students. The five (5) students will be referred to herein as “finalists.” Student finalists will be notified by Brazosport College on or before one week prior to Gator Day which typically occurs in mid-April.
At the predesignated time and location, the five (5) finalists will stand next to one of five new Honda Civics on Gator Day at Brazosport College 500 College Drive, Lake Jackson, Texas 77566 or an alternate location announced in advance by the College. Finalists must be present to win. Brazosport College President, Millicent Valek, or her designee will draw one key fob and activate the panic button. The student standing next to that vehicle will win.
6. PRIZE INFORMATION. Brazosport College agrees to pay sales tax, and initial tag and title charges associated with the car. Winners are responsible for the separate payment of all other taxes, fees and charges, including, but not limited to federal, state, and local income, excise taxes, and insurance. Winner agrees to provide the College with all information that may be required for tax purposes prior to delivery of the prizes. Finalists will release Brazosport College, Sponsors and their officers and employees from any and all liability with respect to participation in the promotion and possession of the vehicle. Brazosport College and Sponsors are not responsible for the vehicle’s quality. The vehicle is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty or guarantee except as specifically provided by the vehicle manufacturer.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS. The Honda Civic must be claimed no later than May 15. If the Honda Civic is not claimed by May 15, the winner will be disqualified. If the initial winner of the Grand Prize is disqualified, a new winner will be determined through a random drawing containing the names of the remaining finalists. The odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entrants. Winner will receive a 1099 form from Brazosport College. Any Contest prize is non-transferable and not assignable. Prior to claiming the Honda Civic, the winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and certain tax forms, and provide such other information as may be required to own or operate the Honda Civic within the State of Texas. Upon transfer of the Honda Civic, Brazosport College will have no further responsibility with respect to condition of the vehicle and its operation. By entering the Contest, each participant consents without limitation and without receiving additional compensation, to the use of his or her name, voice, photograph, and/or likeness by Brazosport College and Sponsors and their respective affiliates and promotional partners for advertising and promotional purposes.
8. RULES; WINNERS LIST. Copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at Brazosport College Office of Student Life located at 500 College Drive, Lake Jackson, Texas 77566. The names of the winner and finalists will be publicized by Brazosport College and/or Sponsors through social media outlets, press release and other advertisements.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Brazosport College reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or for any other reason deemed reasonable by Brazosport College. If after the Contest has begun changes or updates in these rules are deemed necessary by Brazosport College, all changes will be announced via www.brazosport.edu. Brazosport College reserves the right to change these rules at any time as it determines necessary at its sole discretion. Brazosport College reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest or for any other reason deemed reasonable by Brazosport College. Previous Strive 2 Drive car winners are not eligible to participate. The winner who receives the vehicle has no option of cash for the vehicle.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. All participants agree to release and hold harmless Brazosport College, Sponsors and all of their respective affiliated companies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, legal counsel, and/or participating promotional partners from all losses, damages, penalties, claims, actions, suits, costs, and expenses of any kind whatsoever and any property damage, personal injury, or death to any participant or third person caused by or arising out of or in connection with participation in the Contest or with the use of any prize awarded. Brazosport College is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest or the equipment used in its administration.
11. DISPUTES. As a condition to participating in the Contest, participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in Texas having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of Texas without regard for the doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and each hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or attorneys’ fees.