The Rena Lawrence Memorial Award is presented to a distinguished nursing student who exemplifies the attributes and drive of Dr. Lawrence by demonstrating outstanding achievement and commitment to nursing excellence. This award is given to recognize an individual who excels in all the following aspects of nursing: academics, personal and professional growth, leadership and citizenship.
Commitment to academic achievement
- excels in all arenas of academia
Commitment to nursing care
- demonstrates excellence in all aspects of nursing
Commitment to the profession of nursing
- builds awareness of the nursing profession and contributes to the profession of nursing
Commitment to personal and professional growth
- seeks opportunities to increase their knowledge and skills both inside and outside of the classroom
Commitment to mentoring peers/colleagues
- seeks leadership opportunities to inspire and encourage peers/colleagues
Commitment to the community
- seeks to value preventative care, education and wellness of the community
Nominees must be nominated by a fellow student or faculty advisor.
Nominations for the award recipient are based on outstanding performance in ALL of the above criteria
Nominee must be a member of NSNA/SNAP
The award winner will be announced and presented at the SNAP Convention during the Annual Awards Banquet on Thursday, November 16, 2017. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend.
Those interested in applying must submit the following application no later than 5:00 p.m. on October 15, 2017.